A Bookish Sarah

encouragement & bookish things

slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Sarah
Welcome, friend! Relax & rest awhile, if you please. I'm an ordinary girl, a follower of Christ, mama to Gabriel, Heidi, & Aidan; and wife to Evan. Here in this little space of the online world, I share all manner of bookish things, including full content reviews, writerly snippets, encouragement for everyday life, and a whole collection of names & their meanings.

welcome to my blog

social media icons 2

Search

category 1

Reviews

category 2

Names

category 3

Encouragement

Do YOU Have a Dream?

Regarding my writings and stories and numerous WIPs and concept ideas. . .


Buuuuuuuuuuttttt. . . In order to pursue said dream, one must actually STRIVE to make it happen.  We all know books don't write themselves.  It takes the pens and minds of the authors to create the treasures that are stories.

Accountability works wonders.  
And that is why I'm sharing my hopeful to-dos with you here.

(Just a fancy word for "goals")

COMPLETE FIRST DRAFT OF NOYA
I had originally hoped to have this done last December.  But after the hectic-ness of NaNo, followed closely by Christmas and then New Years, I decided to hold off until January or February.  Honestly, I am glad I waited.  It would have been added stress to the holidays, and I probably would've gotten nowhere.  And now, we're nearly halfway through January!

It is my ultimate goal to publish Noya's story, a retelling of Beauty & the Beast.  This will most likely NOT happen this year, but I can at least strive towards completing the first draft.
REVISIT SAFIA'S STORY
My first REAL WIP.  
Like many aspiring authors, I've had countless story ideas that have come to nothing, but Safia's story was the absolute first that I actually took seriously.  I created an entire fantasy world (based on our own), I thought up some awesome characters that I simply fell in love with, and I have written more words and chapters and beginnings than in any of my other stories (the same world that Noya's story takes place - just in a different country).

This would be the biggie.  That's why I thought I would begin with a more simply story like Noya, based on the beloved faerietale, to pursue publication.  One with not as large a plot or word count as it would seem Safia would become.

Who knows?  Perhaps this story will one day evolve.  My goal with this objective is to at least revisit my story world and its characters and see what needs happening.  :]
BLOG WEEKLY - 3x
Blogging is definitely a passion.  I love coming here and sharing my thoughts and little inspirations with you all.  I have always felt that I speak more eloquently through my pen (or keyboard) than I do orally.  Does anyone agree? *raises hand*

It's my objective to blog at least three times every week.  
MONDAYS - Name posts!
WEDNESDAYS - Book Reviews
FRIDAYS - Writing Tips/Inspiration

Seems easy enough.  But that leads to my last objective for this year. . .
ORGANIZE MY TIME
There are so many things that take up my time.  I've tried to limit how often I'm on my phone and social media:  From the noonday meal to 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening.  There's absolutely NO NEED to check statuses, photo feed, or the latest listings on my favorite thrifty apps throughout the ENTIRE DAY.  In setting limitations, this gives me more time to focus on what is necessary:  my daily devotion with God, reading the books I've been provided with for reviews, working on new items for my Etsy shop, and starting up some of my old hobbies again - like embroidery, sketching, and photography.

This is a definite MUST.  
Time flies, as they say.  I want to make the most of it!
That's just a few goals I've whittled down for this fresh new year of 2018.  I could name so many more things I want to do.  Will I accomplish them?  I hope so.  If I don't, for whatever reason, I hope I can say "I gave my best.  Here's to the next year!"

Have a lovely weekend, my friends!

Comments

  1. Those are some excellent goals, Sarah! Here's to completing them!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all such WONDERFUL dreams and goals to reach for! I'm ecstatic about your progress on Noya, and it's fun you want to revisit your first novel. What a special thing! And of course I'm always excited to see more blog posts from you! :D

    Organizing time--yep, I'm right there with ya! I've GOT to do better. :-/ Definitely working on that one.

    I do hope all your wishes for 2018 are fulfilled and that you have the BEST year! <333

    (P.S. The Tangled gifs are spot on! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's so cool that Noya and Safia take place in the same storyworld!

    Totally agree about the written word! I can usually write what I mean better than I can say it aloud...
    That's an awesome blogging schedule! Do you draft and schedule your posts in advance?

    The Tangled GIFs are so perfect. ^_^ I love your new blog post dividers and decorations, by the way—they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine: Thanks so much, girl! You're so sweet :]

    Lauri: Awww, thanks! *^-^* And the same wishes to you, m'dear! I HAVE to use Tangled GIFs ever now and then - such a good movie!

    Jameson: Thank you! Honestly, it's so much easier to base stories in the same world. I've got maps and place names already, why not use 'em? ;D I do not currently draft/schedule my posts ahead of time. Occasionally I'll draft one or two a day before, but for some reason the scheduling has never worked for me... However, in organizing my time and such, that's something I wanna change! Aww, thank you! I love adding color and graphics - it adds so much more dimension to the posts. :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

To each is given a bag of tools,
A shapeless mass, and a book of rules,
And each must make, ere life is flown,
A stumbling block or a stepping stone.
-Anonymous-

ppl love these

February Snippets!
Here are some Snippets from last month.  These hail from my WIP Safia and another project I'm …
Name Reveal!
Happy November! I don't know about you, but as I sit & type up this little post, I have the …
Book Review | When Mountains Move
Well, no worries, my lovelies!  This review will be rather short.  Simply because. . . I didn'…
Book Review | The Goblin Crown
Hello, lovelies!  Just now attempting to get back into the swing of things here in the blog world. …